Master Scuba Diver Trainer
You tell your students to aim for PADI Master Scuba Diver. You also want to tell them that you can take them all the way there because you’re a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer (MSDT).
The Fun Part
The Master Scuba Diver Trainer rating sets you apart from other dive instructors by showing your commitment to continuing your dive training and being prepared to help others continue their training as well. You also get to teach specialty diver courses – which opens the door to lots of fun while working.
What You Learn
You’re a new instructor? Just finished the IE? No problem. See your Course Director for PADI Specialty Instructor Training and the Master Scuba Diver Trainer Prep Course.
As a PADI MSDT, you demonstrate to a dive employer that you have good experience in teaching diving and also can teach a range of specialty diver courses. This makes a dive center or resort more likely to offer you a position.
What You Can Teach
As a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer, you
- Teach the specialties you love to teach
- Enjoy watching your student divers excel as you lead them from PADI Open Water Diver to PADI Master Scuba Diver
- Increase your income with multiple level training
- Meet one of the requirements to qualify as a PADIMaster Instructor at a glance, compare what you can teach when you continue your professional diver education.
The Scuba Gear You Use
You will need to equip yourself with all the basic scuba gear as well as some scuba accessories. It is highly recommended and expected that, as a diver of this level, you own your own scuba equipment. You can find most everything at your local dive shop
If you’re considering entering the realm of technical dive instruction, then the MSDT will be useful. You must be a MSDT to become an instructor in Tec 50 Diver or the DSAT Trimix Diver courses. If you are looking for information on where to go pro, please contact your PADI Instructor Development Center or Career Development Center and sign-up today.
- To qualify as a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer, you must
- Be a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor
- Have five PADI Specialty Instructor certifications
- Have certified at least 25 PADI Divers